The Faculty Women’s Club of the University of Michigan is an enriching cross-campus organization offering members acquaintance and fellowship through educational, cultural, recreational and social opportunities involving interest sections and events while promoting service to the University through the FWC Endowed Scholarship Fund, proceeds of the Faculty Women’s Club Endowment, and activities of some interest sections.
The Faculty Women’s Club of the University of Michigan is open to all women who are faculty or spouses/partners of faculty of the University of Michigan. Women who would like to participate in the Club and do not meet these criteria may become friend members if sponsored by a regular member. Please see our Membership page for more complete information about eligibility and how to become a member.
The Faculty Women’s Club of the University of Michigan is a 501 (c) (7) nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of Michigan and governed by these bylaws (PDF). We are a social, not a fundraising organization. The Club is affiliated with the Big Ten Women’s Clubs. Other member organizations include:
- Indiana University: The University Club of Indiana University
- Michigan State University: MSU Community Club, formerly Faculty Folk Club of MSU
- Northwestern University: Northwestern University Circle
- Ohio State University: The University Women’s Club of The Ohio State University
- Pennsylvania State University: The University Women’s Club, Penn State University
- Purdue University: The Purdue Women’s Club
- University of Illinois: The Illinois Club
- University of Iowa: The University Club
- University of Minnesota: University of Minnesota Women’s Club
- University of Wisconsin: University League, University of Wisconsin-Madison