The Faculty Women’s Club sponsors five major gatherings each year:
- Fall Reception in September, where members greet friends and join interest sections and prospective members are invited to participate.
- Holiday Reception in December, often held in the home of the University of Michigan President. Members only.
- Winter Event in January or February, when spouses and partners are invited to join members for a social evening with entertainment.
- Spring Lunch & Business Meeting in April. Members only.
- Spring Bus Tour in April or May, where we head out of town to tour an interesting place. Members only.
In addition, these two series are open to everyone in the membership:
Living Room Chats. Each semester a University of Michigan speaker talks with Club members about a cutting edge or hot topic. The series, begun in 2002, takes place in a member’s home and attendance is limited to 30-45 people. Chair: Kathe Wunderlich.
Campus Explorers. Although included in the list of Interest Sections, this series of campus tours draws participants from throughout the Club. Several times a year Campus Explorers sponsors in-depth visits to some part of the campus.
Leader: Jean Gosling.