A Warm Welcome from the Newcomers Group of the Faculty Women’s Club!
The Faculty Women’s Club of the University of Michigan promotes social, recreational, educational and cultural activities. The Newcomers Group exists specifically to welcome all faculty or spouses/partners of faculty of the University of Michigan and all other new Club members who join as friends. In past years we have held:
- Campus tours to orient new members and expose them to some of the University’s architecture and “hidden” gems
- Happy Hours and Coffee/Tea events in members’ homes to introduce newcomers to our members in a casual setting
- A monthly “drop in” coffee hour at Zingerman’s Next Door
- A visit to the Matthaei Botanical Gardens and
- Our regular club-wide events.
COVID-19 Update: This year will be a little different. We will still welcome our newcomers in the same enthusiastic and friendly way we have always done, but within the guidelines of social distancing and other safety measures.
Newcomers will participate in smaller more person to person groups and activities, as we introduce you to our 40+ different interest sections. We are certain you will find something that appeals to your interests and your time constraints. We offer interests groups from dining out to hiking to book clubs to arts to more. For those here from another country, there’s a Friends from Around the World section.
We hope you join us and we look forward to welcoming you to the Faculty Women’s Club! Please contact FWC Inquiries if you are interested in learning more.
You might enjoy these useful links for the University Community and Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor Ins & Outs.